This blog will contain thoughts and info on the Pittsburgh Steelers and what ever else I have on my mind . HERE WE GO STEELERS ...HERE WE GO!!!



Sunday, October 24, 2010

Keys to Steeler victory Vs Dolphins and My Picks of the week.

 

On Offense : The Steeler offense must continue to stay balanced . They have to keep the Miami defense guessing with a good mix of pass and run. Ben Roethlisberger has to continue his sharp play and be careful not to try to do to much ,and don't be afraid to rely on Rashard Mendenhall and the running game. As usual the Steelers offense can not afford costly turn overs against a pretty good Dolphin defense . The Dolphins defense is ranked 9th giving up an average of 311 yards a game. 12th against the pass giving up 202 yards passing and 16th against the run giving up 109 yards rushing a game. Defensive back Jason Allen has three interceptions so far for the season .The Steelers should be able to run against this defense. I expect Mendenhall to have another good game .Lets hope Ben and the Steelers can take the home crowd out of this one early.

On Defense : The Steelers defense will have a pretty good test this week on the road in Miami . Miami has the 12th ranked offense averaging 348 total yards a game .They have a pretty balance attack ,with running back Ronnie Brown running the wild cat and wide outs Brandon Marshall and Devone Bess .
Bess is fast becoming one of the best slot wide receivers in the league and the Steelers need to keep an eye on him. I think the Steelers secondary really must step it up. I look for Troy Polamalu to have a good game . I think the two main keys will be to shut down the wild cat and put pressure on Qb Chad Henne . He is prone to mistakes if he is pressured and I feel the Steelers will have very little problems pressuring him.

So there you have it ...The Steelers should have a good test on the road this week ...One I feel they will pass with flying colors !

Now for my Sunday picks of the week . Last week I went 2-2 to put my record against the spread for the season at 16-8 not bad at all ...So lets keep this party going and remember as usual these picks are for amusement only but don't be afraid to tip me if you win some cash .

If I was a betting man I would take......


The Steelers -3 over the Dolphins …..Steelers too talented for Henne and the Dolphins! $$$$


The Bears -3 over the Washington....Cutler and Bears cut right through Washington's soft pass D! $$$


The Eagles + 3 over the Titans …...Eagles soar with Kolb over banged up Titans! $$


The Rams + 3 over Tampa ...Battle of the young Qbs ,Rams D too much for Freeman!$

Wow that's a lot of 3s!!!


Well there you have it, my picks of the week ...and Don't forget where you got it spread the word about the blog and as always have a Great Steeler Sunday ! HERE WE GO STEELERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment