This blog will contain thoughts and info on the Pittsburgh Steelers and what ever else I have on my mind . HERE WE GO STEELERS ...HERE WE GO!!!



Sunday, January 23, 2011

Enjoy the ride to 7

  Hello Steeler Nation ,what a wild trip this season has been . Its the night before the AFC championship and yes ,our Steelers are still standing! Its amazing how great this franchise really is . To just be in this many AFC title games in the last decade speak volumes of the Rooneys and the Steelers greatness. Not to mention 6 Super bowl wins.


So lets all enjoy this ride to 7. Wow ,it seem just like yesterday. I was just a kid when I saw my first Steeler Super Bowl in Jan. 1979 . They beat the Cowboys . Then again Jan 1980 beating the Rams and my team had 4 Super bowl titles more the any other. I remember my mom telling me ,you know your team can't win every year, but trust me when I tell you, I believed they could.

Then came the 80's I had watched most of the Steelers greats leave or be injured. Every year hoping against hope to recapture the magic. Gone was Swann , Bradshaw, and Harris . Gone was Lambert , Ham and Mean Joe. No one for the thumb in 81 . Heck it would not be until 1995 before the next time I could even see my Steelers have another  shot. Only to have it slip away to the dreaded Cowboys on a heart breaker.

Well I said to myself at least we are on the right track. Little did I know ! The next thing I knew the Steelers where heading into the 2000s . The first few years it seemed they were on the right track but always came up short.

The year 2004 will always be a great year for me. That was the year, I got to be a season ticket holder. Long did I dream of this day and had just about gave up on even the notion . Then a friend called me out of nowhere and said someone at work wants to sell his seat license . Lower level and cheap for a seat license. I jumped at the chance .

The Steelers drafted QB Ben Roethlisberger who started out of nowhere and the team went 15-1 and made the AFC championship game. Now, my ultimate dream since I was a kid was to be at the ultimate Steeler home game and celebrate going to the Super Bowl . I was pumped . Could it be this was the time?. My first year having season tickets? New England came and Belecheat and Brady stole that away from me.

But Big Ben ,the Bus , and the rest of the guys would take me and the rest of Steeler Nation Back to Super Bowl glory in 2005 and that one for the thumb . 5 Super Bowls . Wow 25 years had gone by before this sweet victory!

The Steelers would make my dream come true in the 2008 home AFC Championship game as I celebrated with the rest of Steeler Nation at Heinz Field as the Steelers beat the hated Ravens to go on to the Super Bowl . I will never forget that day or feeling.

I don't even have to mention Super Bowl XLIII and the dramatic comeback against the Cardinals what a drive and what a game. 6 Super Bowls!

So now Im sitting here unable to sleep getting ready to go to my 3rd home AFC Championship in 6 years and can't stop thinking how great it is to be a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers and a part of Steeler Nation .

So enjoy every second ...Feel every moment … because we are in the middle of something great and not many fans get to experience such a thing . Cherish it and remember this does not happen every day!!!


Well Steeler Nation I hope you enjoyed my latest post and Go Steelers !!! Spread the word about the blog , comment or tell your story and remember enjoy the ride to seven . Later Steeler Nation! See yinz at the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment