This blog will contain thoughts and info on the Pittsburgh Steelers and what ever else I have on my mind . HERE WE GO STEELERS ...HERE WE GO!!!



Sunday, September 12, 2010

Keys to Steeler victory Vs. Falcons and My Picks of the week.

On Offense :  The Steelers must walk a fine line with the play calling...be careful but don't play too conservative that they become predictable.

The Steelers must eliminate turn overs. They can not afford to give the ball up to the Falcons . Dixon must make smart decisions with the ball and not make the same mistakes that he made in the preseason in Denver,especial in the red zone...throw the ball away if need be ,and live to fight another day.

Mendenhall needs to step up and carry the load... The Steelers need him to show he is the big time RB they drafted him to be and by all means hold on to the ball. I feel Mendenhall will be just fine this season and really show he is an every down back if need be.

On Defense:   The Steelers must shut down the falcons run game and RB Michael Turner. I feel the Steelers will be up to the task on this phase of the game. They also must shut down TE Tony Gonzalez So a good game by Lb Lawrence Timmons is a must.
If the Defense does these two things that will put pressure on Qb Matt Ryan and  then Defensive coordinator
Dick LeBeau can work his magic and start to turn up the heat on the young Qb and that's when we must get the turnovers on defense...I think the defense will be more then ready to accomplish all these things.

With that being said remember I am a die hard Steeler fan and think that they will win every week !!!
And remember my picks are for amusement only so don't blame me if you bet the house and lose.



If I was a betting man I would take:


The Steelers + 1.5 Steelers home underdogs cant pass that up! Pick of the week$$$$

The Giants – 6 The G men too much for the Panthers to handle $$$

Miami -3 Dolphins should have no problem with the Bills and banged up offense $$

Bangals + 5 Cincys D too tough for aging Patriots upset of the week $ Hope IM WRONG ABOUT THIS ONE !!!



Well there you have it and remember folks Amusement Only .



Don't Forget to spread the word about my blog and leave comments .



HERE WE GO STEELERS !!! and have a great Steeler Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. I like the way you think. Very good insight on the Steelers. Love the picks. I really enjoy your blog. Thanks

    ReplyDelete